-   -   Cutting cell with object (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/387185-cutting-cell-object.html)

ZipCurs

Cutting cell with object

I have a number of macros which run just fine on the computer that I
generated them on. This computer has Excel version 2002 SP3. The code fails
on a simple operation when I run the code on another machine with Excel
version 2000. The section of code is:

Range("E3").Select
Selection.Cut
Picture_Column = NumberOfCategories + 6
Sheets("All Concepts").Cells(3, Picture_Column).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Range("E3") contains a button and scroll bar that I want to move to another
location. Is the issue as simple as the difference in Excel versions or is
there something subtle I am missing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom Ogilvy

Cutting cell with object

Try it like this:

Picture_Column = NumberofCategories + 6
Range("E3").Cut Sheets("All Concepts") _
.Cells(3, Picture_Column)

If you still have problems, you may have a missing reference in your
workbook. After the error, go into the VBE with your project as the
activeproject (selected in the project window) and go to Tools=References
(may have to hit reset first) and see if one of your references is marked as
MISSING. If so, you need to clear this up.

Tom Ogilvy