-   -   Application Status Bar Scroll (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/387140-application-status-bar-scroll.html)

JB2010

Application Status Bar Scroll

Hi

Is any aware if it is possible to make a message in the Application Status
Bar to scroll along?

I know you can do similar things on web pages using <Marquee commands with
HTML & a "Scroll()" method in Javascript, but it would be really useful to do
this in Excel with VBA?

If anyone knows whether it can be done &, if so, what VBA command i would
use, i would be very grateful

Please let me know if i have not been clear enough

cheers

jb

Tom Ogilvy

Application Status Bar Scroll

There is no built in support for it.

some have used a do loop to update the message periodically (removing a
letter from one end and adding the next letter at the other end) to give the
appearance of scolling.

Tom Ogilvy