-   -   Check if Excel file is password protected (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/386983-check-if-excel-file-password-protected.html)

Christopher J Tallos

Check if Excel file is password protected

The follwing code throws up a prompt for a password when the Excel file is
password protected (it is vb.net).

ExcelWorkBook = ExcelApplication.Workbooks.Open(ExcelFullName, Nothingobj,
True, Nothingobj, Nothingobj, Nothingobj, Nothingobj, Nothingobj,
Nothingobj, Nothingobj, Nothingobj, Nothingobj, Nothingobj, Nothingobj,
Nothingobj)

How do I detect in code (vb.net or c#) if an Excel workbook is password
protected when I get the prompt for password at the same time I am trying to
open it?