-   -   Test for Cancel in Inputbox (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/386879-test-cancel-inputbox.html)

Fred Smith

Test for Cancel in Inputbox

I have the following code segment:

StartDate = Date

StartDate = Application.InputBox("First valid date", , StartDate, , , , , 1)

How can I tell if the user clicked Cancel instead of OK?

Fred

Vergel Adriano

Test for Cancel in Inputbox

Hi Fred,

StartDate = Application.InputBox("First valid date", , StartDate, , , , , 1)
If StartDate = False Then
MsgBox "User pressed cancel"

Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"Fred Smith" wrote:

I have the following code segment:

StartDate = Date

StartDate = Application.InputBox("First valid date", , StartDate, , , , , 1)

How can I tell if the user clicked Cancel instead of OK?

Fred

Fred Smith

Test for Cancel in Inputbox

Thanks, Vergel.

Does that mean I need StartDate to be type Variant, rather than Date?

Fred

Hi Fred,

"Fred Smith" wrote:

I have the following code segment:

StartDate = Date

StartDate = Application.InputBox("First valid date", , StartDate, , , , , 1)

How can I tell if the user clicked Cancel instead of OK?

Fred

Vergel Adriano

Test for Cancel in Inputbox

It seems that you don't need to define StartDate as a variant.

Sub test()
Dim StartDate As Date

StartDate = Date

StartDate = Application.InputBox("First valid date", , StartDate, , , , , 1)

If StartDate = False Then
MsgBox "User pressed cancel"
End If

'this also works
If StartDate = #12:00:00 AM# Then
MsgBox "User pressed cancel"
End If

'and this one too
If StartDate = 0 Then
MsgBox "User pressed cancel"

Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"Fred Smith" wrote:

I have the following code segment:

StartDate = Date

StartDate = Application.InputBox("First valid date", , StartDate, , , , , 1)

How can I tell if the user clicked Cancel instead of OK?

Fred

equiangular

Test for Cancel in Inputbox

Yes.

Fred Smith wrote:
Thanks, Vergel.

Does that mean I need StartDate to be type Variant, rather than Date?

Fred Smith

Test for Cancel in Inputbox

Thanks for your help. It was exactly what I was looking for. It works like a
charm and, as you say, without needing to use Variant.

Fred

"equiangular" wrote in message
Yes.