-   -   Chart position newbie question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/386671-chart-position-newbie-question.html)

Keith Wilby

Chart position newbie question

What syntax do I need to position the active chart in a certain position on
a worksheet? I'm doing this from MS Access, here's a code snippet:

With objXL.ActiveChart
.HasTitle = True
.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = "My Title"
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text =
"Week No"
.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False
End with

This all works nicely but I want to put the chart at certain coordinates on
the sheet. Any clues?

Many thanks.

Keith.

Mike Fogleman

Chart position newbie question

The Top property can be set to a certain row and the Left property can be
set to a certain column.
With objXL.ActiveChart
.HasTitle = True
.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = "My Title"
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text =
"Week No"
.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False
.Left = .Columns("B").Left 'left edge of col B
.Top= .Rows(2).Top 'top of row 2
End with

Mike F
"Keith Wilby" wrote in message
What syntax do I need to position the active chart in a certain position
on a worksheet? I'm doing this from MS Access, here's a code snippet:

With objXL.ActiveChart
.HasTitle = True
.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = "My Title"
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text =
"Week No"
.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False
End with

This all works nicely but I want to put the chart at certain coordinates
on the sheet. Any clues?

Many thanks.

Keith.

Keith Wilby

Chart position newbie question

"Mike Fogleman" wrote in message
m...
The Top property can be set to a certain row and the Left property can be
set to a certain column.
With objXL.ActiveChart
.HasTitle = True
.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = "My Title"
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text =
"Week No"
.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False
.Left = .Columns("B").Left 'left edge of col B
.Top= .Rows(2).Top 'top of row 2
End with

Cheers Mike, just the job.

Keith.

Jon Peltier

Chart position newbie question

Except you need to position the chart object:

With objXL.ActiveChart
With .Parent
.Left = .Columns("B").Left 'left edge of col B
.Top= .Rows(2).Top 'top of row 2
End With
End with

- Jon