-   -   Pivot table macro problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/386532-pivot-table-macro-problem.html)

[email protected]

Pivot table macro problem

I am trying to use a macro to create a pivot table and place it on a
worksheet named "pivotx". The macro gets to the following statement
where it errors out.

End With
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable14").AddDataFie ld
ActiveSheet.PivotTables( _
"PivotTable14").PivotFields("total cost for line item"), _
"Sum of total cost for line item", xlSum

At the Activesheet....... step I get an error message that says:
Run time error '438' Object doesn't support this property or
method.

Any suggestions?