Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formatting Excel from an ACCESS MODULE

I ahve tried posting this in the Access Module forum buit they told me
to try here. Please note that I writing the VB code in an ACCESS
Module not directly in EXCEL... Thanks in advance for your help!

Here's a problem I have been stuck on for the last three months.
I have a lot of VBA code in an access module that creates queries and
tables. At the end of the code, I transfer all this information to
an
excel spreadsheet using the transfer spreadsheet option.
I then have a batch of code which opens the spreadsheet, formats it,
saves it and closes it. It works like a dream.
However, the code is currently telling the excel spreadsheet to
select
collumns K and L and turn the whole columns pink. What I actually
want is the code to search through columns K and L and turn an
individual cell pink if the value is NO.
Does this mean I have loop around each cell? How do I do this - i
cant find any otherexamples on the net!!
Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.
Here's the current code:
Dim xlApp As Object
Dim StrPath As String
StrPath = "H:\Census_Checking\FSM_TO_BE_CHECKED.xls"
Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
xlApp.Visible = True
With xlApp
..Workbooks.Open Filename:=StrPath
..Columns("K:L").Select