-   -   Macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/386335-macros.html)

bbdog

Macros

I have excel 2000 and I wish to create a macro but have limited
knowledge. What I am trying to achieve is, I want a shared document
that is read only to users but by clicking a macro users get a
password prompt which will then allow them write access to certain
columns or cells which can then be saved.
Is this possible and if so how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Madhan

Macros

Hi, in my opinion, you should first password protect your file and then
select the cells which you want the users to modify and uncheck the locked
property. Goto Tools-Protect Worksheet in that you uncheck select unlocked
cells. I hope this helps.