-   -   Rounding of 1000's (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/386228-rounding-1000s.html)

MTechG

Rounding of 1000's

I'm working with a Cum scrap calc sheet where in VBA I'm totaling parts and
parts scraped and the numbers get big fast. I'd like to have everything
rounded off in Thousands so if we produced 5040 parts I'd see 5 and if we
scraped 1240 parts I'd see 1.2 Is there a rounding formula that would do
this?

TIA

MTechG

Rounding of 1000's

The rounded value is good enough.

Thanks for the tip

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

You can also do a custom cell format if you want to retain the original value

#,000,.0

will produce the same as you formula, but in the cell

If you don't want to see the decimal, then just #,000,

Tom Ogilvy

"MTechG" wrote:

Never mind I answerd my own question I saw something Tom O had posted and
modified it and it worked.

=ROUND(D4/0.25,0)*0.25

I changed it to rCell =ROUND(D4/1000,1)