-   -   count frequency in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/386127-count-frequency-excel.html)

[email protected]

count frequency in excel

I have a large number of numerical data (500) on column A of excel. I
would like to count frequency of all unique number. For example:

2
2
5
7
2
300
freq. 2 is 3
5 is 1
7 is 1
300 is 1

Since the number is large, I probably could not identify all unique,
or min, or max number.

Could anyone give a help?

Thanks,

matt

count frequency in excel

On Mar 27, 12:56 pm, wrote:
I have a large number of numerical data (500) on column A of excel. I
would like to count frequency of all unique number. For example:

2
2
5
7
2
300
freq. 2 is 3
5 is 1
7 is 1
300 is 1

Since the number is large, I probably could not identify all unique,
or min, or max number.

Could anyone give a help?

Thanks,

Look up the "FREQUENCY" function (or search Excel help for
Frequency). Also, you can use the Data Analysis add-in to create a
histogram (Menu Bar: Tools/Data Analysis...This will work if you have
loaded the corresponding add-in).

Matt

matt

count frequency in excel

On Mar 27, 12:56 pm, wrote:
I have a large number of numerical data (500) on column A of excel. I
would like to count frequency of all unique number. For example:

2
2
5
7
2
300
freq. 2 is 3
5 is 1
7 is 1
300 is 1

Since the number is large, I probably could not identify all unique,
or min, or max number.

Could anyone give a help?

Thanks,

One more not, look into a pivot table and make the table data as a
count.

Matt