-   -   lock cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/384899-lock-cells.html)

--== Alain ==--

lock cells

Hi,

I have an excel file with 5 sheets and on each sheet some data.

I would like to avoid people to see some sheets.
For example, they can only see "sheet4".

Moreover, i would like to lock or restrict their rights.
They should be able only to update a range of cells (ex: B6:C50)

how can i do that ?

thanks a lot,
Al.

Mike

lock cells

Alain,

Hide sheets 1,3 & 5 with format - sheets - hide and apply a password if you
wish.

For sheet 4 select all the cells you want users to edit and click format -
cells protection and remove the locked checkmark. Then protect to sheet with
tools - protection - protect sheet and apply a password.

Just one note of caution XL protection is not very robust and can be easily
cracked.

Mike