-   -   How can I check to see if I can see a server or shared drive? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/384851-how-can-i-check-see-if-i-can-see-server-shared-drive.html)

Rubble

How can I check to see if I can see a server or shared drive?

I am looking for a snippet of code that will make it so I can check to see if
I have a network connection -- inparticular, I want to check to see if I can
see a specific server and I also want to check to see if I have access to a
shared drive (two separate locations). Any ideas?

Thank you ...

Doug Glancy

How can I check to see if I can see a server or shared drive?

Rubble,

Take a look at Rookie_User's post "Is filepath valid" at 12:17 today. I
think it might help.

hth,

Doug

"Rubble" wrote in message
I am looking for a snippet of code that will make it so I can check to see
if
I have a network connection -- inparticular, I want to check to see if I
can
see a specific server and I also want to check to see if I have access to
shared drive (two separate locations). Any ideas?

Thank you ...

Rubble

How can I check to see if I can see a server or shared drive?

Thank you !! For a short term solution I ran an error loop where I would try
to open a file -- if it went to the error loop I knew I didn't have a
connection - same idea, but I like your idea because it is much quicker --

Thank you --