-   -   Adding empty row with code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/384771-adding-empty-row-code.html)

SITCFanTN

Adding empty row with code

I would like to add an empty row in my sheet based on the last entry in
column I that says "No Match". I'm sorting based on Col I so all the "No
Matches" display first, then all the "Matches". Is there a way to use code
to look at the text in Col I and add and empy row based on the last text
entry of "No Match". I've searched previous posts with no luck. Thanks for
your help.

Charles Chickering

Adding empty row with code

Hi try this:
Dim r As Range
Set r = Columns("I").Find(What:="No Match, _
After:=Range("I1"), LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, MatchCase:=True)
If Not r Is Nothing Then r.Offset(1).EntireRow.Insert
--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

"SITCFanTN" wrote:

I would like to add an empty row in my sheet based on the last entry in
column I that says "No Match". I'm sorting based on Col I so all the "No
Matches" display first, then all the "Matches". Is there a way to use code
to look at the text in Col I and add and empy row based on the last text
entry of "No Match". I've searched previous posts with no luck. Thanks for
your help.

Charles Chickering

Adding empty row with code

Oops. missed a closing quote.