-   -   Call the edit-links dialog box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/384751-call-edit-links-dialog-box.html)

eAlchemist

Call the edit-links dialog box

I have a workbook with protected sheets. I don't want users to be able to
edit the formulas generally. But, several formulas have external links that
I would like the users to be able to point at different files. The problem
is, if the cells with the links are locked, the "change source" button in the
edit links dialog box is disabled.

I can see one of two solutions:

1) I need either an event for when the edit links dialog box is opened that
will enable me to unprotect the sheets, and an event to protect the sheets
when the dialog box is closed.

2) Create a proc. that will unprotect the sheets, call the edit links
dialog box, and then protect the sheets

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Chris