-   -   Data Validation type query (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/384728-data-validation-type-query.html)

[email protected]

Data Validation type query

I have a cell (A1)that has either "Open" or "Closed" in it, I want
another cell (A2) to be locked (not allow any entry) if the other cell
say "Open", if its changed to "Closed" I want A2 to then allow
entries.

Thought I could do this on data validation but can;t figure it out.

Any help would be great

okrob

Data Validation type query

On Mar 7, 8:30 am, wrote:
I have a cell (A1)that has either "Open" or "Closed" in it, I want
another cell (A2) to be locked (not allow any entry) if the other cell
say "Open", if its changed to "Closed" I want A2 to then allow
entries.

Thought I could do this on data validation but can;t figure it out.

Any help would be great

Check this out...

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2481 cc04419a

Vergel Adriano

Data Validation type query

In the Data Validation for A2, select Custom and enter the formula

=A1="Closed"