-   -   Add Ins check (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/384662-add-ins-check.html)

Rominall

Add Ins check

This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to get the current users
list of Add ins?

Add ins are apparently regulated at my workplace and only certain people may
have the analysis ToolPak available. I would like to have something to check
to see if it's there and if not, close the workbook with a message. I may
also need to find out if the user has Solver too.

I always thought these came standard, but guess our IT dept may be a little
paranoid.

Chip Pearson

Add Ins check

Try something like

Sub ListAddIns()
Dim AI As AddIn
Debug.Print "*********** ALL ADDINS *************"
For Each AI In Application.AddIns
Debug.Print AI.Name, AI.FullName, AI.Installed
Next AI

Debug.Print "*********** INSTALLED ADDINS *************"
For Each AI In Application.AddIns
If AI.Installed = True Then
Debug.Print AI.Name, AI.FullName
End If
Next AI

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email address is on the web site)

"Rominall" wrote in message
This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to get the current users
list of Add ins?

Add ins are apparently regulated at my workplace and only certain people
may
have the analysis ToolPak available. I would like to have something to
check
to see if it's there and if not, close the workbook with a message. I may
also need to find out if the user has Solver too.

I always thought these came standard, but guess our IT dept may be a
little
paranoid.

Rominall

Add Ins check