-   -   Excel comparison of two sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/384621-excel-comparison-two-sheets.html)

[email protected]

Excel comparison of two sheets

I have two sheets in one workbook. Each sheet has Column A = Name,
Column B = Address. I need help with either a formula or vba code
that will run a comparison, making sure the addresses are correct or
the same. Sheet 1 would be the 'master' and sheet 2 would be the
secondary sheet. I would think I need something that checks sheet1
name in column A and finds that name in sheet2 then the address...does
that make sense?

The row count are not the same, but is around 1700, give or take in
both sheets.

If I use a formula, do I run the formula or insert it on column C?
Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks...!

Vergel Adriano

Excel comparison of two sheets

Assuming Sheet1 is the master, put this formula in C1 of the secondary sheet:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,FALSE)),"name not found",
IF(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,FALSE)=B1, "Matched", "Not Matched"))

Then copy-paste or fill-down to the last row of data.