-   -   Import XML into Excel just get first line (=file) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/384604-import-xml-into-excel-just-get-first-line-%3Dfile.html)

ClaesWedin

Import XML into Excel just get first line (=file)

Hi,
I have some XML-files that I need to import to XML. I have no XSD.
If I do it with one file Iget a question if I want to creat a XML mapping
from the file and clicking OK makes it work.

If I select several files I just get a message saying it cannot find an XML
mapping...

So I create a XML mapping from one file via the menu entry XML-source and
then the button XML-mappings. I get a nice structur in the
mapping-source-window.
Then I chose Import and only the first line i imported, every othe line/file
generates an error message...

Anybody got a clue?
(The worst is that I managed to import all 1008 files once but cannot repeat
it...)

--
Claes Wedin
Altcom AB

Madhan

Import XML into Excel just get first line (=file)

Hi, set the async, validateOnParse and resolveExternals attributes of XML to
false. Always remember to close an xml file after you have processed it and
then proceed with the next file. I hope these should solve your issue.