-   -   Command Bar - make it go away when you change sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/384351-command-bar-make-go-away-when-you-change-sheets.html)

Darin Kramer

Command Bar - make it go away when you change sheets

Hi There,

I have some VB that creates a Command bar (toolbar) and populates it
with buttons which I assign macros too.

I would like to have the toolbar close when any other sheet is selected
(It is launched from say sheet x, and if you click sheet y I want the
toolbar to dissapear (well close!)

Regards

Darin

Jon Peltier

Command Bar - make it go away when you change sheets

Add a few event procedures to the ThisWorkbook module of the workbook that
launches the toolbar:

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
CommandBars("My Toolbar").Visible = True
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()
CommandBars("My Toolbar").Visible = False
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
CommandBars("My Toolbar").Visible = (Sh.Name = MySheet.Name)
End Sub

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Darin Kramer" wrote in message

Hi There,

I have some VB that creates a Command bar (toolbar) and populates it
with buttons which I assign macros too.

I would like to have the toolbar close when any other sheet is selected
(It is launched from say sheet x, and if you click sheet y I want the
toolbar to dissapear (well close!)

Regards

Darin

Vergel Adriano

Command Bar - make it go away when you change sheets

Darin,

In the Sheet x code module, you need something like this:

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Application.CommandBars("My Command Bar").Visible = True
End Sub
Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
Application.CommandBars("My Command Bar").Visible = False
End Sub

"Darin Kramer" wrote:

Hi There,

I have some VB that creates a Command bar (toolbar) and populates it
with buttons which I assign macros too.

I would like to have the toolbar close when any other sheet is selected
(It is launched from say sheet x, and if you click sheet y I want the
toolbar to dissapear (well close!)

Regards

Darin

Darin Kramer

Command Bar - make it go away when you change sheets

Hi Jon,

Almost works - just struggling with syntax of last line...

CommandBars("Functionality_APP_D").Visible = (Sh.Name = APP_D) What Im
doing wrong...?(if my sheet is APP_D)

Regards

Vergel Adriano

Command Bar - make it go away when you change sheets

Is APP_D your sheet name or sheet code name?

If it's the sheet name, it should be like this:

CommandBars("Functionality_APP_D").Visible = (Sh.Name = "APP_D")

If it's the code name, it should be like this:

CommandBars("Functionality_APP_D").Visible = (Sh.Name = APP_D.Name)

"Darin Kramer" wrote:

Hi Jon,

Almost works - just struggling with syntax of last line...

CommandBars("Functionality_APP_D").Visible = (Sh.Name = APP_D) What Im
doing wrong...?(if my sheet is APP_D)

Regards

Chip Pearson

Command Bar - make it go away when you change sheets

If the sheet is named "APP_D", then you need to change

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson