-   -   help pls......... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/384326-help-pls.html)

Chinx21

help pls.........

Good day to everyone!
nway,I'm going to detailed my current situation right
now and what I want to do.
I have a workbook named WBOOK with I think 20 worksheets. What I want is to
have a User form(my main menu) to run whenever I open the workbook (I've
already done that) I've also added forms (for every worksheet there is a
corresponding form).

What I want to do is to be able to edit and delete data from worksheets
through its form. Example: in student table which has a field of id no.,
name, etc. When a user want to edit he must provide an id no. then if found
those information will be displayed in its corresponding control in the form.
how's that?

I think my problem is in setting-up ODBC connection. When I click Tools it
has no "Reference" Sub Menu. By the way I'm, using Excel 2002. Could somebody
help me how to set-up a connection less DSN" Like go to Control Panel then
find ODBC then what's next?

I hope you can help me.

Thank You for spending time with this. God Bless!

NickHK

help pls.........

If the forms are in the WB, then there's no need for any ODBC etc stuff.
You can reference the WS directly.

'<Form1
TextBox1.Text=Workshets(1).Range("A1").Value

'<Form2
TextBox1.Text=Workshets(2).Range("A1").Value

How you display the WS data on the form is up to you.
Start simple to get something working, then add details.

NickHK

"Chinx21" . wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Nick. I hope you'll still help me in my future questions.. I
appreciate it!

NickHK

help pls.........

Make a simple start with a textbox, reading and writing to the correct WS.
Then add combo boxes, filled from a range etc...

If (when) you reach an impasse, post back with a specific question.
I'm sure all will try to help.

NickHK