-   -   Button not working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/384089-button-not-working.html)

pappaz

Button not working

Hello,
I recently created a workbook that contained a simple command button that
did a sort on multiple sheets. I got it working great on my end and did
several test runs before sending it on it's way to it's destination. After I
sent it, the person that I made it for said that when she clicked on the
button, nothing happened, the data wan't sorted. Is there something I need
to do on my end prior to sending the workbook out to make the button active
on the other end, or is there something that needs to be done on the other
end.

Thanks,
-Mike

Jay

Button not working

Can be multiple things, but if absolutely nothing happens, that narrows it
down a bit. The most likely cause I can think of is:

Problem : A common issue is macro security. If hers is set to "High", her
version of Excel will disable the button (and any other macros) by opening
the workbook in DesignMode. In that case, clicking the button has no effect
(the symptom you described). In this case, clicking the button should turn
on the buttons design 'handles' (small white circles around the perimeter;
among other things, that will prove that macro security is the likely issue).

Solution: She should change her security level to Medium and try reloading
your workbook. Tools | Macro | Security | set to Medium.
--
Jay

"pappaz" wrote:

Hello,
I recently created a workbook that contained a simple command button that
did a sort on multiple sheets. I got it working great on my end and did
several test runs before sending it on it's way to it's destination. After I
sent it, the person that I made it for said that when she clicked on the
button, nothing happened, the data wan't sorted. Is there something I need
to do on my end prior to sending the workbook out to make the button active
on the other end, or is there something that needs to be done on the other
end.

Thanks,
-Mike

Tim Williams

Button not working

Post the code attached to the button.
Was the button in the same workbook as the sheets to be sorted?

Tim