-   -   Need help with IF statement (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/384075-need-help-if-statement.html)

Tia

Need help with IF statement

I've got the following table

A B C
$6600.00 =.08*A1 =.025*A1

I only want a number to be displayed in B as long as the result of the
formula is $56.00 or less. I've tried a few if statements and I keep getting
error messages.

Thanks for any advice that can be offered.

Ty

Need help with IF statement

On Feb 27, 3:15 pm, Tia wrote:
I've got the following table

A B C
$6600.00 =.08*A1 =.025*A1

I only want a number to be displayed in B as long as the result of the
formula is $56.00 or less. I've tried a few if statements and I keep getting
error messages.

Thanks for any advice that can be offered.

To be entered as a formula in cell B1
=IF((0.08*A1)56.00, "", (0.08*A1))

GaryA

Need help with IF statement

Here are a couple other options:

=0.08*A9*(0.08*A9<=56) This returns 0 if the result would exceed 56.
=MIN(0.08*A10,56) This returns 56 if the result would exceed 56.

Your question used the terminology "to be displayed". Technically, you
can achieve this with your original formula and conditional formatting
to use a font color of white if the cell value exceeds 56. Tothing will
be "displayed".

--
GaryA