-   -   Where does excel store your personal settings..? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/384012-where-does-excel-store-your-personal-settings.html)

Darin Kramer

Where does excel store your personal settings..?

Hi There,

Im changing machines and want to keep all my predefined layouts (buttons
etc) within Excel. I always thought they were stored in a .xlb file,
but cant seem to find it on a general search. Do I have the wrong
extension...?

Thanks

Darin

Gary''s Student

Where does excel store your personal settings..?

Might be hidden/system. Include these in your Search otherwise from a cmd
window:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Ownercd\

C:\dir *.xlb /s
Volume in drive C is HP_PAVILION
Volume Serial Number is 7888-AAB4

Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

02/26/2007 07:06 PM 10,588 Excel10.xlb
1 File(s) 10,588 bytes

Total Files Listed:
1 File(s) 10,588 bytes
0 Dir(s) 57,520,398,336 bytes free

C:\
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200708

"Darin Kramer" wrote:

Hi There,

Im changing machines and want to keep all my predefined layouts (buttons
etc) within Excel. I always thought they were stored in a .xlb file,
but cant seem to find it on a general search. Do I have the wrong
extension...?

Thanks

Darin

Jim Rech

Where does excel store your personal settings..?

Typically your XLB file is he

C:\Documents and Settings\<username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

--
Jim