-   -   Deleting Rows that Match/Contain Search Criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/383820-deleting-rows-match-contain-search-criteria.html)

Posse John

Deleting Rows that Match/Contain Search Criteria

I import data for an external source into Excel. I sort and format the data
programatically.

This data contains some information that I need to delete. Searching that
range by using the following:

Columns("A:A").Find(What:="74RM",... ).Activate

How do I delete the entire row when the search criteria is found? I'm also
having difficulty understanding how to trap the error that occurs when the
search critieria is not found.

Gary''s Student

Deleting Rows that Match/Contain Search Criteria

This will go thru all the cells in column A, find the cells containing the
string "74RM" and delete the entire row. If non are found, no rows are
deleted:

Sub posse()
Dim lastrow As Long
lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For i = lastrow To 1 Step -1
If InStr(Cells(i, "A").Value, "74RM") 0 Then
Cells(i, "A").EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next

Gary's Student
gsnu200707

"Posse John" wrote:

I import data for an external source into Excel. I sort and format the data
programatically.

This data contains some information that I need to delete. Searching that
range by using the following:

Columns("A:A").Find(What:="74RM",... ).Activate

How do I delete the entire row when the search criteria is found? I'm also
having difficulty understanding how to trap the error that occurs when the
search critieria is not found.

Tom Ogilvy

Deleting Rows that Match/Contain Search Criteria

set rng = Columns("A:A").Find(What:="74RM",... )
if not rng is nothing then
rng.EntireRow.Delete
End if

Tom Ogilvy