-   -   Adding totals to columns where number of rows varies (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/383774-adding-totals-columns-where-number-rows-varies.html)

Rod from Corrections

Adding totals to columns where number of rows varies

I have a report that is exported into Excel from another application, and I
am attempting to write a macro to make some formatting changes. The number
of rows of data changes depending upon the report parameters.

Data appears in columns from A to H, and I want totals at the bottom of
columns G and H only.

The following code that I got off of this site does almost what I need,
except that I end up with totals in more than just the two columns that I
want. How do I limit the range so that I get totals only in G and H?

Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange
Set rng = rng.Rows(rng.Rows.Count).Offset(2, 0).Cells
rng.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(R[-1]C:R1C)"

Rod from Corrections

Adding totals to columns where number of rows varies

Perfect! Thanks!

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Sub totColGH()
lr = Cells(Rows.Count, 7).End(xlUp).Row
Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(1, 7), Cells(lr, 8))
Set rng = rng.Rows(rng.Rows.Count).Offset(2, 0).Cells
rng.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(R[-1]C:R1C)"
End Sub

"Rod from Corrections" wrote:

I have a report that is exported into Excel from another application, and I
am attempting to write a macro to make some formatting changes. The number
of rows of data changes depending upon the report parameters.

Data appears in columns from A to H, and I want totals at the bottom of
columns G and H only.

The following code that I got off of this site does almost what I need,
except that I end up with totals in more than just the two columns that I
want. How do I limit the range so that I get totals only in G and H?

Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange
Set rng = rng.Rows(rng.Rows.Count).Offset(2, 0).Cells
rng.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(R[-1]C:R1C)"

Trevor Shuttleworth

Adding totals to columns where number of rows varies

Try:

Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange
Set rng = rng.Rows(rng.Rows.Count).Offset(2, 6).Resize(1, 2).Cells
rng.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(R[-1]C:R1C)"

Regards

Trevor

"Rod from Corrections" wrote
in message ...
I have a report that is exported into Excel from another application, and I
am attempting to write a macro to make some formatting changes. The
number
of rows of data changes depending upon the report parameters.

Data appears in columns from A to H, and I want totals at the bottom of
columns G and H only.

The following code that I got off of this site does almost what I need,
except that I end up with totals in more than just the two columns that I
want. How do I limit the range so that I get totals only in G and H?

Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange
Set rng = rng.Rows(rng.Rows.Count).Offset(2, 0).Cells
rng.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(R[-1]C:R1C)"

JLGWhiz

"Rod from Corrections" wrote:

I have a report that is exported into Excel from another application, and I
am attempting to write a macro to make some formatting changes. The number
of rows of data changes depending upon the report parameters.

Data appears in columns from A to H, and I want totals at the bottom of
columns G and H only.

The following code that I got off of this site does almost what I need,
except that I end up with totals in more than just the two columns that I
want. How do I limit the range so that I get totals only in G and H?

Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange
Set rng = rng.Rows(rng.Rows.Count).Offset(2, 0).Cells
rng.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(R[-1]C:R1C)"

Rod from Corrections

Adding totals to columns where number of rows varies

That worked, too! Thanks, Trevor.

Try: