-   -   Gather data from multiple XML sheets? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/383640-gather-data-multiple-xml-sheets.html)

PaulW

Gather data from multiple XML sheets?

I have a list of 5000 file names, all 5000 are full file names with paths,
and all 5000 are XML files.

What I need is the field "Report" if it exists for each one, thats the only
one I need.
If I open an XML as a read only document (middle choice when opened from
excel) the field "Report" does not fit on the sheet because there are more
than 300 fields (most empty)

Can anyone help me, with either a formula, or some code, that will let me
get the information from this field for all 5000 files? I'm no expert with
macros' and the macro I tried to record made no sense to me, and didn't look
like it could be looped 5000 times changing to each document...

Thanks!

joel

Gather data from multiple XML sheets?

Post the code and I will clean it up. I never like the code that excel
produces either. But it is always a good place to start.