-   -   Simple Find/Replace Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/383534-simple-find-replace-question.html)

Dan R.

Simple Find/Replace Question

I know this is easy but I can't seem to figure it out, I need a macro
that will replace "NYCITY" with "NYC" if it is pasted in column 3.

Thanks,
-- Dan

Mike Fogleman

Simple Find/Replace Question

Assuming "NYCITY" is the only text in that cell:

Sub NYC ()
Dim c As Range, rng As Range
Dim Lrow as Long

Lrow = Cells(Rows.Count, 3).End(xlUp).Row
Set rng = Range("C1:C"& Lrow)

For Each c in rng
If c.Value = "NYCITY" Then c.Value = "NYC"
Next
End Sub

Mike F

"Dan R." wrote in message
ups.com...
I know this is easy but I can't seem to figure it out, I need a macro
that will replace "NYCITY" with "NYC" if it is pasted in column 3.

Thanks,
-- Dan

Dan R.

Simple Find/Replace Question

Excellent, thanks Mike.

-- Dan

Vergel Adriano[_3_]

Simple Find/Replace Question

Dan,

Try this. If "NYCITY" is pasted in any row of column C, it will be replaced
by "NYC".

If Target.Column = 3 And Target.Text = "NYCITY" Then
Target.Value = "NYC"

"Dan R." wrote:

I know this is easy but I can't seem to figure it out, I need a macro
that will replace "NYCITY" with "NYC" if it is pasted in column 3.

Thanks,
-- Dan

Dave Peterson

Simple Find/Replace Question

How about recording a macro when you did
select the column
edit|Replace
what: NYCITY
with: NYC
replace all

Be sure to check all the options you want so your macro can record them.

--

Dave Peterson