Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need formulas for finding text strings

I need a formula that returns the cell location of the first instance
of a text string that I specify in a column listing. I also need a
formula that returns the cell location of the last instance of a text
string I specify in a column. For example lets say the text I want to
look for is 'car', The first formula would return A2 and the other
formula would return A5. I hope that makes sense. Can anyone help?

A1
A2 cars and trucks
A3 vans
A4 truck and racecar