-   -   select rows and delete based on criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/383300-select-rows-delete-based-criteria.html)

steven

select rows and delete based on criteria

hi sorry for being a pain...

I have a worksheet with data from column A to E and from rows 1 to (lets
say) 5000. I want a macro that serches for rows that have "2" in column C and
are NOT BLANK, then select all thses rows from column A to IV (not just A to
E) and then delete them (shiftng all other rows up but i think this happens
automatically. How can I do this.

Also in the resulting table I want to select all remaianing rows (again from
A to IV).

thank you.

Ron de Bruin

select rows and delete based on criteria

Hi Steven

Start here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"steven" wrote in message ...
hi sorry for being a pain...

I have a worksheet with data from column A to E and from rows 1 to (lets
say) 5000. I want a macro that serches for rows that have "2" in column C and
are NOT BLANK, then select all thses rows from column A to IV (not just A to
E) and then delete them (shiftng all other rows up but i think this happens
automatically. How can I do this.

Also in the resulting table I want to select all remaianing rows (again from
A to IV).

thank you.

steven

select rows and delete based on criteria

this is what i made out of the webpage

Sub deleterows2crtr()
ElseIf .Cells(Lrow, "E").Value = "2" And _
.Cells(Lrow, "G").Value < 0 Then .Rows(Lrow).Delete
End Sub

it dosent seem to work though. Invalid criteria or something. Can you help
out?

S.

"steven" wrote in message ...
hi sorry for being a pain...

I have a worksheet with data from column A to E and from rows 1 to (lets
say) 5000. I want a macro that serches for rows that have "2" in column C and
are NOT BLANK, then select all thses rows from column A to IV (not just A to
E) and then delete them (shiftng all other rows up but i think this happens
automatically. How can I do this.

Also in the resulting table I want to select all remaianing rows (again from
A to IV).

thank you.

Ron de Bruin

select rows and delete based on criteria

Hi Steven

Try this

Sub Example2()
Dim Lrow As Long
Dim CalcMode As Long
Dim ViewMode As Long
Dim StartRow As Long
Dim EndRow As Long

With Application
CalcMode = .Calculation
.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
.ScreenUpdating = False
End With

ViewMode = ActiveWindow.View
ActiveWindow.View = xlNormalView

With ActiveSheet
.DisplayPageBreaks = False
StartRow = 1
EndRow = 5000

For Lrow = EndRow To StartRow Step -1

If .Cells(Lrow, "E").Value = 2 And _
.Cells(Lrow, "G").Value < 0 Then .Rows(Lrow).Delete

Next
End With

ActiveWindow.View = ViewMode
With Application
.ScreenUpdating = True
.Calculation = CalcMode
End With

"steven" wrote in message ...
hi sorry for being a pain...

I have a worksheet with data from column A to E and from rows 1 to (lets
say) 5000. I want a macro that serches for rows that have "2" in column C and
are NOT BLANK, then select all thses rows from column A to IV (not just A to
E) and then delete them (shiftng all other rows up but i think this happens
automatically. How can I do this.

Also in the resulting table I want to select all remaianing rows (again from
A to IV).

thank you.

steven

select rows and delete based on criteria

niewbe me... never mind I figured t out!

thank you!