-   -   Get value form a cell in a loop (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/383275-get-value-form-cell-loop.html)

Kanga 85

Get value form a cell in a loop

I collect a variable column from a messge box:

st = InputBox("Insert column to start")

and I then want to get the value for a range of cells in this column and
subsequent work on them, all in a loop (where lastrow has been determined
elsewhere)

For irow = 2 to lastrow
v1 = (st & ":" & irow ).value
Next irow

This fails as the range has too many " in it. How do I express a range
when I have the column as st (assume st ="C") and the row as irow (assume
irow=2).

Thanks,
Kanga85

Gary Keramidas

Get value form a cell in a loop

try this line instead

v1 = Range(st & irow).Value

you don't need the ":" for a single cell

--

Gary

"Kanga 85" wrote in message
I collect a variable column from a messge box:

st = InputBox("Insert column to start")

and I then want to get the value for a range of cells in this column and
subsequent work on them, all in a loop (where lastrow has been determined
elsewhere)

For irow = 2 to lastrow
v1 = (st & ":" & irow ).value
Next irow

This fails as the range has too many " in it. How do I express a range
when I have the column as st (assume st ="C") and the row as irow (assume
irow=2).

Thanks,
Kanga85

Kanga 85

Get value form a cell in a loop

Thanks Gary,
Kanga85

"Kanga 85" wrote in message
I collect a variable column from a messge box:

st = InputBox("Insert column to start")

and I then want to get the value for a range of cells in this column and
subsequent work on them, all in a loop (where lastrow has been determined
elsewhere)

For irow = 2 to lastrow
v1 = (st & ":" & irow ).value
Next irow

This fails as the range has too many " in it. How do I express a range
when I have the column as st (assume st ="C") and the row as irow (assume
irow=2).

Thanks,
Kanga85

Kanga 85

Get value form a cell in a loop

I have now found that:
value1=Cells(Row,Column).value
is the correct syntax. i.e. Row before Column

Kamga85