-   -   Dynamic range with VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/383214-dynamic-range-vba.html)

RD Wirr

Dynamic range with VBA

I need to copy a variable sized range of data from one sheet and paste it
onto the end of a list on another sheet from a VBA routine. I have tried
accessing the variable source range via a dynamic named range setup in the
worksheet itself but my limited skill grinds to a halt when I try to grab
that data and append it to the new list. Can someone help me with a bit of
code for this?
Thanks in advance,
RDW

Bob Phillips

Dynamic range with VBA

With Worksheets("Sheet2")
iLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("myRange").Copy .Cells(iLastRow+1,"A")
End With

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"RD Wirr" wrote in message
I need to copy a variable sized range of data from one sheet and paste it
onto the end of a list on another sheet from a VBA routine. I have tried
accessing the variable source range via a dynamic named range setup in the
worksheet itself but my limited skill grinds to a halt when I try to grab
that data and append it to the new list. Can someone help me with a bit of
code for this?
Thanks in advance,
RDW

joel

Dynamic range with VBA

You can use the statement
datarange.show
dataRangeString = dataRange.RefEditPlotCell.Value

This will create a pop up window where you can highlight the cells you want
to copy and return a sting with the range of cells.

"RD Wirr" wrote:

I need to copy a variable sized range of data from one sheet and paste it
onto the end of a list on another sheet from a VBA routine. I have tried
accessing the variable source range via a dynamic named range setup in the
worksheet itself but my limited skill grinds to a halt when I try to grab
that data and append it to the new list. Can someone help me with a bit of
code for this?
Thanks in advance,
RDW

RD Wirr

Dynamic range with VBA

Thanks for the tip Joel, Cool how that works. But for my application, I need
it to just get all the data within a dynamic range and append it to a list on
another sheet....all in the background. Formulas within the source range
already calculate what data needs to be transferred. Bob's routine above
works great. Now I just need to get it to copy over only the values rather
than the fomulas.

Thanks,
RDW

"RD Wirr" wrote:

I need to copy a variable sized range of data from one sheet and paste it
onto the end of a list on another sheet from a VBA routine. I have tried
accessing the variable source range via a dynamic named range setup in the
worksheet itself but my limited skill grinds to a halt when I try to grab
that data and append it to the new list. Can someone help me with a bit of
code for this?
Thanks in advance,
RDW

RD Wirr

Dynamic range with VBA

Hi Bob,

Thanks very much for the help. That copies the data over perfectly. Just one
thing I forgot to mention. The source data has some formulas that change each
time which then also changes the data copied to the list. I need to copy over
the current values and formats but not formulas. Can you tell me how I do
this?

Thanks again,
RDW