-   -   Track Date Created & Last Modified Dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/383152-track-date-created-last-modified-dates.html)

TonyD

Track Date Created & Last Modified Dates

Is there any way of getting the Date Created & Last Modified Dates for an
Excel file so that I can create a summary report of time spent on on a file?

Tom Ogilvy

Track Date Created & Last Modified Dates

for a closed file

Sub ABB()
Dim fso As New FileSystemObject
Dim f As File
'Get a reference to the File object.
Set f = fso.GetFile(Environ("windir") & "\system.ini")
Debug.Print f.DateCreated
Debug.Print f.DateLastAccessed
Debug.Print f.DateLastModified
End Sub

Requires a reference to the Microsoft Scripting Runtime or modify to use
late binding

Dim fso as Object, f as Object

Otherwise, you might be talking about the build in document properties

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/docprop.htm

Tom Ogilvy