-   -   Format Cell If Cell Not Blank (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/383129-format-cell-if-cell-not-blank.html)

TonyD

Format Cell If Cell Not Blank

Currently I have an IF statement determining if a cell is populated. I would
like to provide formatting to that cell if it is populated. Can anyone help
figure out how to do both.

Here is the current If statement:

=IF('01-Length of Contract-Rollovers'!$G19="Change Management",'01-Length of
Contract-Rollovers'!C19,"")

Here is the type of formatting I would like to use:

Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone
Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalUp).LineStyle = xlNone
With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeLeft)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlMedium
.ColorIndex = 15
End With
With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeTop)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlMedium
.ColorIndex = 15
End With
With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeBottom)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlMedium
.ColorIndex = 15
End With
With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeRight)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlMedium
.ColorIndex = 15
End With

Mike

Format Cell If Cell Not Blank

Much simpler to do it with conditional formatting unless doing it with code
is essential.

use a conditional format of cell value is greater than "" then apply the
formats you require

"TonyD" wrote:

[...]

JE McGimpsey

Format Cell If Cell Not Blank

Worksheet functions can't format cells, but you could use Conditional
Formatting in the cell.

CF1: =ISBLANK(xx) (where xx = the cell to be formatted)
Format1: <borders/<box, desired color

In article ,
TonyD wrote:

[...]

Got it backwards:

CF1: Formula is =xx<""

TonyD wrote:

Currently I have an IF statement determining if a cell is populated. I
would
like to provide formatting to that cell if it is populated. Can anyone help
figure out how to do both.

TonyD

Format Cell If Cell Not Blank

Mike, that works for text cells but doesn't provide any formatting for date
or zero (o) value cells.