-   -   Object Position (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/383063-object-position.html)

Ronbo

Object Position

A while back Dave Peterson help me with the following code.

With ActiveSheet
Set myShape = .Shapes.AddShape(Type:=msoShapeOval, _
Top:=HalfHeight, Left:=HalfWidth, _
Width:=myShapeWidth, Height:=myShapeHeight)
myShape.Name = "shp" & Format(Now, "yyyymmdd_hhmmss")

This is part of routine that will place an autoshape at a pre-determined
screen position, and it works great. However, I have not been able to figure
out a way to place a Picture (clip art) or WordArt textboxes. I have worked
with Set myShape but am not getting anywhere.

Any help is appreciated.

Tom Ogilvy

Object Position

look at the AddPicture method of the Shapes Object in excel VBA help. Pretty
much just add a few addtional arguments related to the picture

in module put in Activesheet.Shapes.AddPicture

highlight the AddPicture and hit F1.

Tom Ogilvy