-   -   Partial copy (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/382914-partial-copy.html)

DP7

Partial copy

Hi I want to know if I can copy & paste ONLY the 4th 5th and 6th characters
in a text string. Also we need to start counting from the RIGHT. I know u
can use the right and left functions. But in this case is will need only the
4th,5th & 6th. E.g.
224F74 In the case the ans. Should be 224.
6228E73 In the case the ans. Should be 288.

Jim Thomlinson

Partial copy

Copy is an all or nothing proposition so no cay can not just copy a few
characters. You can however use a formula similar to this to get the
appropriate characters...

=MID(A1, LEN(A1)-5, 3)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"DP7" wrote:

Hi I want to know if I can copy & paste ONLY the 4th 5th and 6th characters
in a text string. Also we need to start counting from the RIGHT. I know u
can use the right and left functions. But in this case is will need only the
4th,5th & 6th. E.g.
224F74 In the case the ans. Should be 224.
6228E73 In the case the ans. Should be 288.

Vic

Partial copy

Try this:
LEFT(RIGHT(MyString,6),3)