-   -   How to find existing ChartObject in a worksheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/382818-how-find-existing-chartobject-worksheet.html)

itdept

How to find existing ChartObject in a worksheet?

My goal is to reuse the chartobject in a given sheet (ws).

int iCount = ws.ChartObjects.Count;
Excel.ChartObject myChartObject;

if( iCount 0)
{
myChartObject = (Excel.ChartObject)ws.ChartObjects(iCount);
}
else
{
Excel.ChartObjects chartObjects =
(Excel.ChartObjects)ws.ChartObjects(missing);
myChartObject = chartObjects.Add(100, 100, 400, 300);
}

But this code couldn't compile due to:

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Worksheet.ChartObj ects(object)' is a
'method', which is not valid in the given context

How could we detect if the existing ChartObject in a sheet? Could any
one help?

Thanks in advance for any hint.

--PD

itdept

On Feb 8, 9:22 am, "itdept" wrote:
My goal is to reuse the chartobject in a given sheet (ws).

int iCount = ws.ChartObjects.Count;
Excel.ChartObject myChartObject;

if( iCount 0)
{
myChartObject = (Excel.ChartObject)ws.ChartObjects(iCount);}

else
{
Excel.ChartObjects chartObjects =
(Excel.ChartObjects)ws.ChartObjects(missing);
myChartObject = chartObjects.Add(100, 100, 400, 300);}

But this code couldn't compile due to:

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Worksheet.ChartObj ects(object)' is a
'method', which is not valid in the given context

How could we detect if the existing ChartObject in a sheet? Could any
one help?

Thanks in advance for any hint.

--PD

Found solution:
Excel.ChartObjects chartObjects = (Excel.ChartObjects)
ws.ChartObjects(missing);
int iCount = chartObjects.Count;
Excel.ChartObject myChartObject;
if (iCount 0)