-   -   Strange "paste" behaviour (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/382729-strange-paste-behaviour.html)

[email protected]

Strange "paste" behaviour

Hi all,

I have a problem with pasting a tab-delimited text file
programmatically into a worksheet, e.g. by using
Worksheet.Paste(Range, Type.Missing) (I use C# and Office 2000). It
basically does not recognize floating numbers, e.g. they turn out as
integeres. However, if paste the file via short-cut Ctr-V or the paste
command from the toolbar, everything works fine.

Thanks,
Carl

Tom Ogilvy

Strange "paste" behaviour

Sure the cells are not just formatted to show no decimal values. If you
select the cell manually and look in the formula bar, do you see the original
decimal/floating point value?

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

Hi all,

I have a problem with pasting a tab-delimited text file
programmatically into a worksheet, e.g. by using
Worksheet.Paste(Range, Type.Missing) (I use C# and Office 2000). It
basically does not recognize floating numbers, e.g. they turn out as
integeres. However, if paste the file via short-cut Ctr-V or the paste
command from the toolbar, everything works fine.

Thanks,
Carl

[email protected]

Strange "paste" behaviour

On 7 Feb., 14:43, Tom Ogilvy
wrote:
Sure the cells are not just formatted to show no decimal values. If you
select the cell manually and look in the formula bar, do you see the original
decimal/floating point value?

This was the first thing I had checked before posting here. No, it
seems to be no direct format issue. Furthermore, why does paste via
Toolbar's Paste button work then, e.g. CTRL-v ? I'm just wondering
whether CTRL+v actually does something different then Worksheet.Paste
only.