-   -   Worksheet_Change (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/382394-worksheet_change.html)

scrimmy

Worksheet_Change

I'm using the Worksheet_Change event procedure to call a macro when a certain
cell in the worksheet changes. It seems to work okay, but if I have another
Workbook open, the macro tries to run in that Workbook also. How do I keep
the macro from trying to run in other workbooks that are open?

Gary''s Student

Worksheet_Change

Make sure you put it in Worksheet code.
Make sure it only examines a cell on that sheet, not ActiveCell
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200703

"scrimmy" wrote:

I'm using the Worksheet_Change event procedure to call a macro when a certain
cell in the worksheet changes. It seems to work okay, but if I have another
Workbook open, the macro tries to run in that Workbook also. How do I keep
the macro from trying to run in other workbooks that are open?

scrimmy

Worksheet_Change

Thanks for the help!! It now works the way I wanted it to.

"scrimmy" wrote:

I'm using the Worksheet_Change event procedure to call a macro when a certain
cell in the worksheet changes. It seems to work okay, but if I have another
Workbook open, the macro tries to run in that Workbook also. How do I keep
the macro from trying to run in other workbooks that are open?

Curt

Worksheet_Change

Have much the same problem would like when I copy to another worksheet that
this does not run on the sheet copied to. this is in a private sub procedure.
thought this would keep it there. Not in workbook on worksheet
Thanks

Application.OnKey "{RETURN}", "checkUp"
Application.OnKey "{DOWN}", "checkUp"