-   -   Trouble finding cause for Excel crash (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/382359-trouble-finding-cause-excel-crash.html)

RB Smissaert

Trouble finding cause for Excel crash

Trying to trace a bug that causes an Excel crash.
The trouble is it doesn't happen when I step through the code. I think it
somehow has to do with a call to a SQLite wrapper dll, but it is not
consistent.

When I get the Visual C++ debugger up it consistently points to this bit of
assembly:

77124CB4 8B 40 FC mov eax,dword ptr [eax-4]

Something to do with OLEAUT, but that doesn't help me much.
Is there anything one could do with a C++ debugger to pin this down?

I suppose in the end the only way is to do a log of lots of lines of code.

RBS

RB Smissaert

Trouble finding cause for Excel crash

Just for in case anybody was going to waste any time on this, forget about
it as it is all fixed.

RBS