-   -   Chart display area (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/382298-chart-display-area.html)

Arun[_3_]

Chart display area

Hi,

A newbie to the group and in no way an excel guru.

I need some help. I want to display a bar chart only for that data
that I already have. For example, the data I currently have is only
till end of January. When I do have data for February, I will fill
that in, and only then do I want the chart to show February data. At
present, for the range I have selected, I am getting all the data
feilds on the x-axis till December but with no values. What I would
like to see is that my chart should show only the data for January,
and after I fill in data for February, then it should come in the
chart.

I hope I have explained my question clearly.

Thanks.

Tom Ogilvy

Chart display area

Use a dynamic range as the source for your data: a named ranges defined by
formulas - dynamic range:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...46&Product=xlw
XL: Using Defined Names to Automatically Update a Chart Range

If you want code:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...40&Product=xlw
XL97: How To Create a Dynamic Chart Using Visual Basic

http://support.microsoft.com/default...80&Product=xlw
XL2000: How to Use Visual Basic to Create a Dynamic Chart

http://support.microsoft.com/default...55&Product=xlw
Using Visual Basic to Create a Chart Using a Dynamic Range

Tom Ogilvy