-   -   How many named cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/382181-how-many-named-cells.html)

greg

How many named cells

Hello,
In excel 2003,
is there a limit to the number of named cells or named ranges you can
create?

thx

Charles Williams

How many named cells

there is no real limit that I know of, but things can get a bit slow if you
get above 5-10000 names.

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.3 now available
Name Manager 4.0 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"greg" wrote in message
Hello,
In excel 2003,
is there a limit to the number of named cells or named ranges you can
create?

thx

Gary Keramidas

How many named cells

this was all i could find, check out this link

Names in a workbook Limited by available memory

Gary

"greg" wrote in message
Hello,
In excel 2003,
is there a limit to the number of named cells or named ranges you can
create?

thx

Dave Peterson

How many named cells

Does that mean 5,000 to 10,000 names?

(I bet it does. 5 names probably won't hurt <bg.)

--

Dave Peterson

Charles Williams

How many named cells