-   -   comparing 2 fields/cells and displaying a message programitcally (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/382147-comparing-2-fields-cells-displaying-message-programitcally.html)

question12

comparing 2 fields/cells and displaying a message programitcally

Hi, I have an excel file that reads in data from a text file. After the data
is read in, I want to check a column of data (job #'s) to see if any repeat.
If it does repeat, I want to display a message to the user which rows repeat.

Can this be done in excel? Thank you for your help

Tom Ogilvy

comparing 2 fields/cells and displaying a message programitcally

Look at Chip Pearson's page on duplicates

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

Tom Ogilvy