-   -   What If and Drop Down List (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/382025-what-if-drop-down-list.html)

Curious[_6_]

What If and Drop Down List

Please advise on what the best strategy is for this situation:

Column A is Sales Type, Column B is Client Name

If select "New Order" in Column A, I type a new client name. If select
"Renewal Order", I want to see a list of existing clients.

The purpose is to avoid any typos so that I can use code to munipulate
the data.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Ogilvy

What If and Drop Down List

Look at Data=Validation

Debra Dalgleish
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Tom Ogilvy

"Curious" wrote:

Please advise on what the best strategy is for this situation:

Column A is Sales Type, Column B is Client Name

If select "New Order" in Column A, I type a new client name. If select
"Renewal Order", I want to see a list of existing clients.

The purpose is to avoid any typos so that I can use code to munipulate
the data.

Thanks in advance.

Curious[_6_]

What If and Drop Down List

Can the data validation in column B be on or off depending on the entry
in column A?

"Curious" wrote:
Please advise on what the best strategy is for this situation:

Column A is Sales Type, Column B is Client Name

If select "New Order" in Column A, I type a new client name. If select
"Renewal Order", I want to see a list of existing clients.

The purpose is to avoid any typos so that I can use code to munipulate
the data.

Thanks in advance.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

L. Howard Kittle

What If and Drop Down List

Yes, that is true. The site Tom O suggests will show you how to do
Dependent Drop Downs.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Curious" wrote in message
ps.com...
Please advise on what the best strategy is for this situation:

Column A is Sales Type, Column B is Client Name

If select "New Order" in Column A, I type a new client name. If select
"Renewal Order", I want to see a list of existing clients.

The purpose is to avoid any typos so that I can use code to munipulate
the data.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Ogilvy

What If and Drop Down List

If you combine it with a macro. Use the change event to determine whether
the data validation should be there or not.

Tom Ogilvy

oups.com...