-   -   Running macro from closed workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/381817-re-running-macro-closed-workbook.html)

Bernie Deitrick

Running macro from closed workbook

Alpur,

No, all macros must be in currently open workbooks. The workbooks don't need to be visible,
however. Most people either put the macro into their Personal.xls file (which can be optionally
hidden), or into an add-in (always hidden). Both are opened every time Excel is started.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Alpur" wrote in message
I have a macro saved in a separate workbook which is used on several
spreadsheets each month. Is there a way in which I can run the macro without
having to open the macro workbook everytime? There is probably a simple
answer to this but I am fairly new to this game. Any help would be much
appreciated.