-   -   Excel 2000 -Simplify macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/381653-excel-2000-simplify-macro.html)

Gerry Cornell

Excel 2000 -Simplify macro

This extract from a Macro I created in 2000 needs to be simplified as
there are 12 options.

Range("D8:D27").Select
Selection.Replace What:="NOV", Replacement:="DEC", LookAt:= _
xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, MatchCase:=False
Range("D8:D27").Select
Selection.Replace What:="OCT", Replacement:="NOV", LookAt:= _
xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, MatchCase:=False

I have also used the same approach to replace data in other
situations. How can this be achieved?

TIA

--

~~~~

Gerry

~~~~~~~~
Enquire, plan and execute.
Stourport, England
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tom Ogilvy

Excel 2000 -Simplify macro

Monthname(13,True)

raises an error for me.

Also, doing i = 1 to 12 (or 11), would change everything to DEC wouldn't it.
Perhaps loop backwards, and put in some logic to handle the Dec to Jan
change.

Tom Ogilvy

"John Bundy" (remove) wrote in message
Thank you for helping me find something I didn't know but will come in
handy
MonthName(1, True)
returns Jan
so if you do a for i=1 to 12
Range("D8:D27").Select
Selection.Replace What:=MonthName(i, True),
Replacement:=MonthName(i+1,
True), LookAt:= _
xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, MatchCase:=False

--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.