-   -   Help with colums (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/381475-help-colums.html)

Excel [email protected]

Help with colums

I have a column of 160+ names in column A & phone numbers in column B on
worksheet 2.
On worksheet 1, I have some of those names in column A. There are 5 more
columns of information.
These names and the rest of the info, on worksheet 1, may change on a daily
basis and some names may appear more than once.
Rather than type in all the phone numbers on worksheet 1, is there a way to
have the numbers inserted into worksheet 1?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dennis

Bob Phillips

Help with colums

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A:$B,2,False)

--
---
HTH

Bob

<Excel wrote in message
I have a column of 160+ names in column A & phone numbers in column B on
worksheet 2.
On worksheet 1, I have some of those names in column A. There are 5 more
columns of information.
These names and the rest of the info, on worksheet 1, may change on a
daily
basis and some names may appear more than once.
Rather than type in all the phone numbers on worksheet 1, is there a way
have the numbers inserted into worksheet 1?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dennis

Excel [email protected]

Help with colums

Your formula worked like a charm. Saved me hours of typing.
Thank you Very much
Dennis