-   -   locating carriage return within cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/381445-re-locating-carriage-return-within-cells.html)

Bob Phillips

locating carriage return within cells

compare against vbCrLf or maybe even vbLf.

You don't need to test each character if you just want to know if it
contains one, use Instr.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Roland" wrote in message
I need to locate cells that contain carriage returns. I have no trouble
writing the VBA code to loop each cell and test each character within each
cell. But I do not know what constant to use as I compare each character
identify carraiage returns. Can someone please tell me the constant that
represents a carriage return?
Many thanks.
--
Roland