-   -   "Application.ScreenUpdating = False" on the intranet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/381356-re-application-screenupdating-%3D-false-intranet.html)

Dave Peterson

"Application.ScreenUpdating = False" on the intranet

I'd guess that since you're viewing the workbook in a browser (MSIE/Firefox),
then excel sees the application as that browser--not excel itself.

Maybe you can use:
Thisworkbook.parent.screenupdating = false

But that's just a guess from someone who doesn't speak the internets stuff.

KSO wrote:

How come a "Application.ScreenUpdating = False" an later a
"Application.ScreenUpdating = True" won't work ?

The screen doesn't update !

Why ?

KS, Denmark

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

"Application.ScreenUpdating = False" on the intranet

Do you change the .screenupdating back to true?

KSO wrote:

In the first place it seems better but then I click on one of the sheet tabs
..... ups, the sheet disapeared ..... click on the next sheet tab .... ups,
disapeared too !

not a good solution !

KSO, Denmark

KSO wrote:

How come a "Application.ScreenUpdating = False" an later a
"Application.ScreenUpdating = True" won't work ?

The screen doesn't update !

Why ?

KS, Denmark

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

"Application.ScreenUpdating = False" on the intranet

And then it worked?????

I don't have a guess either way.

KSO wrote:

Yes - in the same way

Thisworkbook.parent.screenupdating = True

KSO, Denmark

KSO wrote:

How come a "Application.ScreenUpdating = False" an later a
"Application.ScreenUpdating = True" won't work ?

The screen doesn't update !

Why ?

KS, Denmark

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

"Application.ScreenUpdating = False" on the intranet

Sorry, you're out of my depth. Maybe someone else will jump in.

KSO wrote:

It gets more and more spooky !

I now had "out commented" ALL my "screenupdating" - both setting it "False"
and "True".

Then in the first place it seems to work, but when I click somewhere on the
screen - the window gets, (not minimized, not maximized) is it called
"restored"!

If I click on one of the sheet tabs - it disappeares ! ..... click on
another one .. disappeares too ..... !!!!

When I click on the X-button to close it asks me if I wont to save a new
projectfolder ....... what the Heck is wrong here ??

When I work with the file locally it work just fine - with or without
"screenupdating" - but it looks better with the "screenupdating" on and of at
the right places - but on the intranet it is a total mess !!!!!

HILFE !!!!!

KSO, Denmark