-   -   Link Excel 2003 named range to Access 2003 Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/381092-link-excel-2003-named-range-access-2003-table.html)

[email protected]

Link Excel 2003 named range to Access 2003 Table

I am trying to create from Excel 2003 a link to a Access 2003 table. I
then wan to append that linked table to another table and have the temp
table deleted. This is in an effort to find the most effecient way to
insert a lot (1,000 -1 ,500) records from Excel into Access with the
most speed. The problem is that the code I have found on the web does
not seem to work with Excel 2003. Can anyone help me with the correct
code. Thanks in advance.

-Scott

FSt1

Link Excel 2003 named range to Access 2003 Table

hi,
You don't need code. in excel, give your data a range name.
in access go fileget external datalink tables.
in the file name box at the bottom select excel files.
brouse to the excel file you wish to link to and double click.
in the wizard, select "show named ranges" and select your named range then
just follow the rest of the wizard.

regards
FSt1