-   -   formula for aquiring a gestational age (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/381088-re-formula-aquiring-gestational-age.html)

Scott

formula for aquiring a gestational age

Yes.

You can work with dates the same way you work with numbers. (Just make
sure the cell is formatted as a date.)

ie. If A2 has the Due Date, you can put =A2-280 in B2 to get the other
date.

Scott

hannatrip wrote:
I am sooo stuck, I need a formula to retrieve a gestational age for
pregnancy. I need to be able to put in the due date, subtract 280 days from
todays date. is this possible?

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: formula for aquiring a gestational age

Hi hannatrip,

Yes, it is definitely possible to retrieve a gestational age for pregnancy using Excel. As Scott mentioned, you can work with dates just like you work with numbers in Excel.

Here are the steps to create a formula to retrieve the gestational age:
  1. First, make sure that the cell where you want to display the gestational age is formatted as a number.
  2. In the cell where you want to display the gestational age, enter the following formula:
    Formula:

    =TODAY()-280-A2

  3. In the formula, TODAY() returns today's date, 280 represents the number of days in a typical pregnancy, and A2 is the cell where you have entered the due date.
  4. Press Enter to calculate the gestational age.

The result will be the number of days between the due date and today's date, minus 280. You can then format the cell to display the result in weeks or months, if you prefer.

Gary Keramidas

formula for aquiring a gestational age

here's one way.

in a2: 6/10/06
in b2: =a2+280
in c2: =TRUNC((TODAY()-A2)/7)& " weeks " & MOD(TODAY()-A2,7) & " days"

the results should show:

b2 = 3/17/2007
c2=30 weeks 6 days

--

Gary

"hannatrip" wrote in message
I tried what you showed me and it worked but how do i get the weeks up to
todays date though?

hannatrip wrote:
I am sooo stuck, I need a formula to retrieve a gestational age for
pregnancy. I need to be able to put in the due date, subtract 280 days from
todays date. is this possible?

hannatrip

formula for aquiring a gestational age

Gary,
thank you sooo much, it is perfect!!!

hannatrip wrote:
I am sooo stuck, I need a formula to retrieve a gestational age for
pregnancy. I need to be able to put in the due date, subtract 280 days from
todays date. is this possible?

Gary Keramidas

formula for aquiring a gestational age

you're welcome, glad it worked for you.